THE BEST MOTHER'S DAY GIFT -- My Husband

If you have been following anything I write lately, you’ve probably picked up on the fact that our area has received a TON of rain.  We’re talking crazy, big, Noah-sized rain….well, maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, but I’m sure there are many people living in our county wishing they had an ark…or at least a sizable boat.  So what does that mean for the Pumper’s Wife?  It means a tired husband who is rarely home as he tries to help customers with their flooded septic systems or excessive water in their basements.

With Mother’s Day being just yesterday I was reminded of how lucky I am to have the husband I do.  He provides a wonderful life and lifestyle for our family and he doesn’t do it just sitting around at home.  This man puts in some serious hours – and not just when excessive rain hits!  These past few days he has been out really late – later than usual.  He doesn’t typically get in at 2:30 in the morning as in the case of last week, but he does average a 14 hour day almost every day – not just Monday through Friday.  And, his work is PHYSICAL work.  He is out digging or probing when he finds septic tanks or looking for issues in a customer’s system.  (He has some seriously nice arms to show for it too!  I never have to worry about opening a pickle jar if you know what I mean…)  So when I say my man works hard, I mean it and I can prove it.  I know there are days when he just wants to sleep in or barricade himself in the house, but he doesn’t.   He gets up and gets right back after it again.   I am so thankful that he is willing to do this for me and our two boys.

This Mother’s Day while everyone was thanking their moms…and rightly so…I was being awfully thankful of my husband.  Because of him, I AM a mom!  Because of him, I have been blessed to be a stay-at-home mom for my kids’ pre-school years.  Because of him now, I am able to be in a profession where I can be with my kids WHILE I work.  Because of him, we have a wonderful family and home environment – my kids are excited when “dad’s home”!  Because of him, despite his work load he does what he can to make my life easier.  His number one concern is that me and the boys are taken care of – what woman could ask for more? 


So today, I’m just going to make sure you all know how grateful I am for my husband.  I am one lucky girl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are what you read? Really?

TOILET "INJURIES"

WHEN I'M SIXTY-FOUR