LIFE SIMPLIFIED - 2016

I saw this meme over the weekend



Isn’t that the truth?  Isn’t life really that simple? 

I love technology and all the ways science has made our lives better.  But I feel like now that we have tools to make our lives easier, we’ve figured out ways to over-complicate what’s truly easy.  This meme made me think I could probably write some equally brilliant words…

YOU KNOW YOU SHOULDN’T BUY IT WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE THE MONEY
YOU KNOW YOU SHOULDN’T DO IT, IF IT IS STUPID
YOU KNOW YOUR CAR NEEDS GAS WHEN THE LIGHT COMES ON
YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD LOSE WEIGHT WHEN YOUR CLOTHES DON’T FIT
YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT WHEN YOU ARE ABOUT TO SAY SOMETHING STUPID
YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD DRINK WATER WHEN YOU ARE THIRSTY
YOU KNOW YOUR KID SHOULD BE WEARING PANTS WHEN HE ISN’T

The list goes on and on….

Life really is simple.  Our decisions…check that, our POOR decisions is what complicates it. KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID is truly a brilliant phrase.

In thinking about the new year and all the ideas or goals I have, the one thing I hope I stick to is keeping life simple.  Don’t be stupid.  Don’t complicate what’s simple.  Keep pants on the children.   

Surely I can stick to these simple goals, right?  I hope so.


Here’s to a great 2016!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are what you read? Really?

TOILET "INJURIES"

WHEN I'M SIXTY-FOUR