IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS BREAK!!!

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas (break)…
Everywhere you go…there are dishes left out from snacks
Toys cluttering up walking paths
And Mommys fighting kids on sugar over load!!

This may or may not be your current home condition.  I have to admit there is a reason those words popped into my head as I started writing this post…they rang a little true for me!!  Now that I am a home-based business mom, conducting business as normal while the kids are home on break can make Christmas a little more interesting!  If the phone rings, I must answer in my normal business tone despite the cat running for it’s life from the latest hunting game that just ensued upstairs, or the misplaced Lego piece that I didn’t see as I walked around the office.  (Seriously, I swear those tiny little things are the MOST painful toys when stepped upon…)

So, this week will be an interesting one. 

And it’s not like my boys don’t understand our home business situation, but they are 8 and 10 and their first thought of day is rarely “Mom’s working”….it’s more like “AHHHHH!!!! IT’S CHRISTMAS BREAK!!!!! I CAN BEHAVE UNCIVILIZED ALL DAY LONG TODAY!!!!!”  Or something like that…

If you are a home-based-business Mom, this week, I pray for you.  We will get through this with our hair still attached (even if it is by hot glue).  Mothers have been enduring Christmas break for years!  As I was thinking about the words to “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” I noticed the song was written in 1951.  The line that always stood out to me as a kid and even more so now is “and Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again”!!    So if nothing else, since 1951 Mom’s have had kids home on break and more importantly they survived!! 

As much as there are hic-ups to having my boys at home the next two weeks, I DO love this time where the kids and I can make cookies, drink hot chocolate, read Christmas books and just enjoy family time together. Though there are moments when one of my son’s life might hang in the balance, there are more enjoyable moments vs.  I-think-I’m-gonna-lose-it moments.  For which I am thankful!!

This might be a crazy time for you and your family but I sincerely hope you’re able to have a wonderful Christmas this year.  From our house to yours, Merry Christmas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are what you read? Really?

TOILET "INJURIES"

WHEN I'M SIXTY-FOUR