ROCKY RACCOON Part 2 (Behind the music...)

Well, as I mentioned last week, we had a bit of an issue with a dead raccoon in our yard and then in our dumpster.  Evidently, there is either a family of raccoons  living on our property or our place is sort of a raccoon highway that families use to travel through on their summer vacations.  I say this because since the death of Rocky, we have awakened to two other poor raccoon souls complements of our raccoon-killing-dog Marty.  Believe me, if I had a way to warn these masked critters to veer away from our property, I would.  I don’t want them to die, and I’m also not fond of disposing their poor little carcasses after Marty has done his dreadful deed.  But what do you do when you live in the country?  How do you get your dog to stop killing raccoons?  Well, like any self-respecting American with internet….I Googled it. 

Ever hear the phrase, “ignorance is bliss?”  As it turns out there are all sorts of things about raccoons I really didn’t want to know.  Depending on what article you are reading, raccoons are either sweet and lovable, or they are vicious killing machines that unleash their own special hell on pets by ripping their insides out.  Precious, huh?  Though this information may scare pet owners if their dog is small enough to fit in a purse, I’m not too particularly worried about our raccoon-killing-Marty.  For one, he outweighs them by at least 100 pounds and thus far, seems to be winning the Raccoon vs. Marty battles (Marty 3…Raccoons 0).  However, I have also read they carry diseases.  This causes my OCD nature to have hyperventilating issues.  But then again, what do I do?  He is a farm dog.  Isn’t this just an occupational hazard?

 VS.


On another note, the kids wanted to know why dad dubbed our first furry friend “Rocky”.  Being a Beatles fan myself, I got out my White Album and let them have a listen.  They have been singing the famed line, “Rocky Raccoon, went into his room, only to find Gideon’s Bible.”  Not only that, but after a quick over night stay in Kansas City, the boys found a Gideon’s Bible in our hotel room and thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Oh the impact of dead raccoons.  Who knew?

What is does the raccoon population have to do with the septic business?  Well, at this point, there’s no correlation but this pumper’s wife is just glad she’s got a husband that’s okay with disposing of the body so she doesn’t have to.


Until next week my friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are what you read? Really?

TOILET "INJURIES"

WHEN I'M SIXTY-FOUR